The Executive Board of the Legislature announced the appointment of senators to the new Youth Rehabilitation and Treatment Center Special Oversight Committee Aug. 13.
The committee was created July 31 with the passage of LB1144, introduced by the Health and Human Services Committee. The oversight committee is authorized to study the quality of care and related issues at the state’s YRTCs.
Appointed to the committee were:
• Sen. John Arch of La Vista;
• Sen. Tom Brandt of Plymouth;
• Sen. Machaela Cavanaugh of Omaha;
• Sen. Mike Groene of North Platte;
• Sen. Sara Howard of Omaha;
• Sen. Steve Lathrop of Omaha;
• Sen. John Lowe of Kearney;
• Sen. Dave Murman of Glenvil;
• Sen. Patty Pansing Brooks of Lincoln;
• Sen. Tony Vargas of Omaha; and
• Sen. Anna Wishart of Lincoln.
The committee will issue a report of its findings and recommendations to the Legislature on or before Dec. 15, 2020, and will terminate Dec. 31, 2020.