The Executive Board of the Legislature announced the appointment of senators to the new State-Licensed Care Facilities Oversight Committee April 18.
The committee was created April 11 with the approval of LR296, introduced by Fremont Sen. Lynne Walz. The committee is authorized to conduct an inquiry into assisted living facilities where many of the residents are diagnosed with a mental illness. The committee also will specifically examine the recent closures of the mental health centers known as Life Quest, located in Palmer and Blue Hill.
Appointed to the committee were:
• Sen. Curt Friesen of Henderson;
• Sen. Steve Halloran of Hastings;
• Sen. Lou Ann Linehan of Elkhorn;
• Sen. Dan Quick of Grand Island;
• Sen. Theresa Thibodeau of Omaha;
• Sen. Lynne Walz of Fremont; and
• Sen. Anna Wishart of Lincoln.
The committee will issue a report of its findings and recommendations to the Legislature on or before Dec. 15, 2018.