Senators passed a bill May 29 that sets guidelines for Medicaid recovery audits in Nebraska.
Among other provisions, the bill:
• clarifies that only one audit may be conducted at a time;
• excludes from review claims otherwise audited;
• requires claim review within two years of the date of payment;
• aligns the appeals process with DHHS practice;
• requires procedures for resubmitting corrected claims; and
• requires audit completion within 60 days of receipt of all requested material.
LB315 passed on a 44-0 vote.