Lawmakers gave final approval Feb. 8 to a bill that makes a number of changes to the process the state uses to obtain goods and services.
Among other updates, LB461, sponsored by La Vista Sen. John Arch, redefines which contracts are subject to administration by the state Department of Administrative Services and makes the following changes:
• details the form of bid solicitations;
• revises the factors to be considered when evaluating bids;
• provides guidance for evaluating what are “realistic” and “reasonable” prices;
• prohibits certain provisions in procurement contracts;
• modifies when proof of needs analysis would be required; and
• requires that the requesting agency provide a detailed requisition for services or personal property to be contracted.
LB461 passed on a 45-0 vote.