The Nebraska Legislature has an opening for a writer/public information officer in the Unicameral Information Office.
• write for the Legislature’s daily news publication http://update.legislature.ne.gov/
• cover legislative committee hearings and floor debate
• assist with publications about the Nebraska Legislature
• collaborate on a variety of public information projects, including presentations and production of civic education materials
• news writing/editing
• ability to work well under pressure
• public relations experience
• graphic design or web design
• strong communication skills
• knowledge of state government and public policy
• prior writing experience
• bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, political science, graphic design, education or related field
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing samples to Kate Heltzel at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25.